International aspects of the master
DescriptionThe objective of this master is to train professionals who will be skilled to develop a research or an engineering activity in the areas of computer science, connected systems, machine learning, data mining, cyber-physical systems, data analysis, web.
From an international standpoint, this master offers some courses in english, some international tracks involving a double diploma and some possibilities of international exchange, look at the descriptions below.
Note that the students must pass the TOEIC english certification during the second year of the master.
International track Machine Learning and Data Mining (MLDM)For further information, check this page and the official web page of the MLDM track.
International track Cyber-Physical Social Systems (CPS2)More information as soon as possible.
International exchangesTwo main possibilities of academic exchanges:
- An international agreement with University of Chicoutimi, (Quebec) Canada, allows to obtain a double diploma : master of computer science (informatique) from Univ. Chicoutimi and the master from the University of Saint-Etienne by means of 1-year exchange. Note that this possibility is only available in french and is subject to some restrictions.
The exists many possibilities for academic exchanges and laboratory placements with a lot of partnerships
- University of Tokyo (Japan)
- University of Fribourg (Germany)
- University of Chicoutimi (Canada)
- University of Kaoshiung (Taiwan)
- Ostfold College Halden (Norway)
- University of Grenada (Spain)
- University of Torino (Italy)
- ORA (Ontario, Canada)
- CREPUQ Program (Québec, Canada)
- ISEP Program (USA)
For courses in english and placements for exchange students, please refer to the English web page of the computer science departement. Note that the following courses of the master are taught in english: advanced algorithms, complexity, computer networks, artificial intelligence, optimization and operational research, data analysis, data mining and knowledge discovery, data mining for big data, machine learning (introduction, fundamentals and advanced), multi-agent systems (coordination and programming), semantic web, virtual communities, international project management, distributed and mobile computing, web services, cloud computing, Internet of things, Trust and privacy, security, system modeling.
For any further information, please contact : Pierre Maret (Pierre.Maret@univ-st-etienne.fr), in charge of the international relations.